Wednesday, November 14, 2007

6: blogs are back!

So I have unfortunately been a bad bride-to-be-blogger and have allowed my blogging to lapse in the months since planning our engagement party. I am vowing here and now that said lapse will end and I will continue writing and updating with the steadfast intention of creating memories for the future!

That said, there is a lot to cover and catch up on so off we go:

First, in this blog, I would like to address where we left off: The Engagement Party

The Engagement Party was held on September 15th at my parents house. It was a beautiful event.

My parents had decided to repair and basically redo their entire house in the weeks leading up to The Engagement Party. Not only did my fiancé get in a lot of male bonding with my brother, father and brother in law by putting in a brand new floor in the dining room, but I got in a lot of bonding with my mother by going to fabric stores and rearranging all of her furniture. I even got to put my Interior Decorating skills to work (my first time using those skills since I got certified in 2005) and rearrange her parlor.

The party was a vast success and was catered by Lee’s Hoagie House, Acme and Chic Fil A; exactly what we wanted.

And I learned some valuable lessons (some of which I will be taking with me to the wedding):
- Beer Pong on the Porch doesn’t work
- Ryan and I didn’t get time to see one another at all, seriously, we barely spoke
- Those gossipy cousins that I dislike, will remain gossipy and dislikable even at nice events and will therefore not be receiving invitations to the wedding.
- If I don’t eat anything at all, I will get tipsy from one glass of wine
- Flower petals in the pool sink quickly to the bottom
- Unless you tell people to sign the signature photograph and frame set, they will not. A pen is not enough.
- Photocakes are pretty in concept and kindof scary in execution – at least when the photo being used is an emo-tastic one of the two of us without smiles

It was wonderful though and I make it a point to use one of my new glasses every single night.

Love and there's more to come,

Rhian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - those are great lessons. Also - when throwing a party, you don't get to eat any of the food or talk to anyone for an entire conversation.

J said...

Yay! I'm glad the blogs are back! It was a lovey party and the only reason why beer pong didn't work was the light. hehe